Tuesday, November 8, 2016

HOO HOO HOO HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!!!
This week has probably been one of the BEST on my mission. And when I say "probably," I mean DEFINITELY!!
I am still jealous though that you had a crazy good spook alley. Wish I could have been the one getting his legs chopped off or kicked in the balls. Wait what?? All your costumes look SICK though. Logan, did you take of the t-shirt for the costume?? You better have. Boxers don't wear t-shirts. And Micah..................... HAPPY BIRTHDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You want to hear something weird. I'm still a teenager too. We're both teenagers. We're in the same boat. You know what that means?? You need to start working on your mission papers. ;) And the bacon mignon sounds super good. Save me a piece. ;)
Like I said this week was a great one. Tuesday we tried to stop by a lot of less-actives and didn't actually find any. But I wore a scarf, so that's good. Wednesday we at with Colombians and picked up my favorite blind Mexican and went to our Wednesday Friendship Night. It was super fun and it was good to see him (the Mexican) because he's been sick and not at church for a long time. Thursday and Friday we helped prepare (and practiced) for the Ward Multicultural Night on Saturday. Then Saturday came...buckle up.
So it started out by my Zone Leader and I going over to another areas English Classes and it ended up that they were having a little Class Halloween Party. So that was a fun pre-party. Good food. Then the real party happened.
So for this activity, every country in our ward was supposed to bring decorations and food from their country to represent. So I brought an American Flag, a HUGE deep fryer that we have, and lots of stuff to deep fry. I tried to deep fry ice cream but the freezer at the church was terrible and the ice cream melted a lot when it hit the hot oil. So that stunk. But some member gave me a pity compliment and told me that the fried ice cream was good. Oh how I love pity compliments. ;)
Then came a talent show. Then it was USA turn to represent their country with a talent. So picture this...
The gym lights turn off, then you hear a keyboard start playing "The Final Countdown" by Europe, then a door opens and you see me in a black rocker wig waving an American Flag. I then hand the flag to another missionary, salute it, pick up an Electric Guitar (hooked up to an AMP); then a pianist, a drummer, and I (the guitarist) start rocking out to the song. IT WAS SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We all had crazy rocker wigs on and we were rocking SO hard core. THEN, the music slows down a little bit, then you hear my voice belting the lyrics over a microphone. It was glorious. We got SO many compliments and people have told us that the video has gone viral (online). So if you would like to see it, it should be on my Facebook page. It was so good though. An accomplishment and memory on my mission that I will never forget. America!!!!!
After that, there were a lot of other great acts, and then the three-hour Spanish dance started. I was SO TRUNKY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've never wanted to dance with a girl in my LIFE!!!!!! Everyone was dancing with each other and having a great time and the missionaries were just sitting in a group, crying, because they couldn't dance with anybody. Sad day. Some of us did get to do the limbo though. I fell on my back. It was awesome. All in all, the party was INCREDIBLE!!! Best ward party that I've ever been to.
Sunday, less people were at church because everyone was swamped from the party. Nevertheless, Sunday was great. I got to take the sacrament. That's always a plus. Then today happened.
TO Celebrate Halloween, the Zone Leaders and us went to Toronto Island!!!!!! WOO HOO!!! It was a blast. We took tons of pictures (see below). It was really fun. Now, in a few minutes, we're going over to a member's house to carve pumpkins, eat candy, etc. For my costume, I went to a thrift store and bought a two-dollar Bumblebee Mask from the movie Transformers (because everyone here says I look like Shia Leabouf, and my zone leader, Elder Thomas Madrigal Jr. always yells "BUMBLEBEE!!!!" when he sees me).
So all in all. It's been an incredible week. One thing that I've been thinking about a lot, and I've said many times before, is that you can really find a family wherever you go. Especially in the church. In the church, you will always find people who love you for who you are, and will help you, and will party with you. I LOVE my family here in Toronto. And of course I LOVE my family back home. But, I'm trying to make the best of my time here with my Torontonian family because I don't know when I'll leave. And that's the message of it all. Love those you are with when you are with them. Enjoy your time with them. Don't worry about other's that aren't there (if you can't get them there). ENJOY LIFE!!! LOVE PEOPLE!!! People are SO awesome. Love those while you have them. I love you all, but I must love those now who are with me. ;) and HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment