Tuesday, April 25, 2017

HAPPY EASTER MONDAY!!!

HAPPY EASTER MONDAY!!!
Yes. I am excited to start college.
Where is the location of the housing for the honors scholarship?? And how much rent would I pay if I was living with Skyler ?? I just want to have all the facts before I make a decision. I just want somewhere that's in a good location, cheaper, and where I can be happy. Honestly, it doesn't really matter to me who I live with, as long as I have my personal space.
So this week was pretty great/different.
Monday, we went to our Bishop's house and practiced, with his wife, for a musical number we performed yesterday.
Tuesday, Romeo finally let us help him help with his house. So we painted primer on his walls while we talked about Missionary Work. Then we had lunch with a great old Guatemalan lady. While there, it started pouring rain. Pretty great. We then had interviews with President Shields, in which we talked about missionaries "Locking Their Hearts." Despite the rain, we got two new students in our English Classes and had a great class.
Wednesday, we did some service, went back to our "Mexican Minefield" where we found a man name Carlos, home alone. So we taught him the first lesson and he was Super Solid. It was pretty great. We then had a great dinner with the Chatter Family (the one's that took us to Niagara Falls).
Thursday we had a great lunch with our investigator. She is preparing for baptism (hopefully soon), so we were pretty excited to meet with her and teach her. It went well. We had some Indian Food.
Later, we did more service and then had dinner with another member family, then we had to run to another Music Practice.
Friday, I directed another District Meeting. It went really well. We had a Sister Bingham visiting, so I asked her if she was related to Erastus Bingham? And she was like "The one who has a monument in Lagoon??" And I said, "Yeah." Then she said "Yeah." Distant Cousins! So I took a picture with her (see below). I also made lot of cookies for District Meeting. So that was pretty fun.
Later on Friday, I went on exchanges with an Elder. He speaks little English, and even less Spanish. So I talked for the majority of the lessons we had. Which was great because I love to talk, especially in Spanish.
Saturday we taught English Classes again. Then we had Missionary Coordination. Then dinner with a fun Peruvian Couple. Later that evening we passed by some Less-Active, Part-Member families and we met a lot of really nice people. So hopefully we'll be able to work with them soon.
Sunday was a great Easter Day. Sadly, none of our Investigators came to church. :( But just about all of the members did, so that was good. We killed it on our musical number. I played "I Know That My Redeemer Lives" on the piano while three sisters in the Ward sang in Spanish. Later on Sunday, we had a really long dinner with some members and their friends. It was pretty bizarre. They just talked about politics (especially Donald Trump) and the most BORING stuff for about two hours while my companion and I just sat there and cried. :) We didn't really cry...at least not on the outside. Luckily, the Spirit saved us that night and we later on had an INCREDIBLE lesson with an investigator we've been trying to meet with a lot. She's living with an awesome less-active member (one of my close friends) and she's very interested in coming to church and everything. So we taught the first lesson (the Joseph Smith story) and it went SUPER well.
My perspective on life has really changed on my mission. It was honestly a very strange Easter I had yesterday. First off, it was sad to see that none of our Investigators came to church at all. Thankfully, most all of them members did; and it made me think how sad but incredible it is how different normal people verses members view these holidays. The world has taken such a "pagan" view on these Holidays and even the norm of "going to church on Easter and Christmas" is starting to diminish away. Members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, on the other hand, get the picture. We realize how important the life, death, and resurrection of Christ was and how we need to celebrate it and remember him, not only on Easter, but every day of our lives. Another thing that struck me yesterday was how sad and boring the world has become. The best part and the least depressing part of the dinner appointment we had on Easter Day, was when we shared the Church's Easter Video of Jesus Christ. The contrast was so obvious. The whole appointment went from sad and wordly to beautiful and filled with the Spirit. I was able to finish my Easter by reading some pages of the book Jesus the Christ. It was wonderful and it helped me realize even more how important Jesus Christ is. Just speaking of him brings so much life and happiness into our lives. He's so important and I know that he lives. He is. I love you all and hope you have a wonderful week!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment