Monday, February 6, 2017

Craziness!!


Craziness!!

All the festivities sound pretty fun. Intense Super Bowl. I'm still pretty ticked off that Olivia won't put off her wedding for me. :| I guess that's life though. I don't know what I need to do to register either, but I'll look into it as well.
So this week was pretty nutsy stuff.
Monday was P-Day, like usual. But it wasn't the usual. We 2 hours up to London, where we went to get some Smoke's Poutine with the District. It was super fun. The guy running the cash register was like, "You guys are so nice to each other, hugging each other and what not. My mother doesn't even treat me like that." And when I bought my Poutine, I asked him if he has any Smoke's T-Shirts in XL. He said they only have it in Large, but he let me try it on. When I tried it on, he said "Oh yeah, that looks good on you. Because it looks so good, I'll throw in the T-Shirt and a drink for FREE!!!" So I got a free Smoke's Shirt. I love Smokes. I love Poutine. I love Canada.
Later that day, we played sports, ate a Cheesecake I made, and then drove and hour and a half to Mississauga. At Mississauga, we surprised one of my New Converts, Jhereoui, and it was SO good. He was totally surprised and happy to see me and we chilled and talked for a little bit. He's doing so good. We then went back to my old house in Mississauga and spent the night their with Elder Valliere, my son, and my good friend Elder Stephens.
The next day, Tuesday, we had transfers. I saw Abigail there, a long with a lot of missionaries I hadn't seen in a while. Then I got my new companion, Elder Jonah Hansen. He's from Riverton, Utah. He's tall. And Blonde. With glasses. He's decently new in the missionaries. We get along great...for now. ;) He's a lot of fun. We got back to the basement, where we live, and it was pretty dirty. Really dirty. And cluttered. So we decided to take a lot of time and clean it.
The next few days consisted of me getting to know the Ward Members and Leaders. And cleaning the basement and the car, which was as dirty. 
The Ward here is super great. It's the biggest Spanish Ward I've ever been in (at least, with the most active Spanish Members). There's tons of Spanglish in this ward because lots of them were born in Canada and their English is better than their Spanish. So that's fun.
We were super blessed last Friday to find 3 new people to teach. One we found out later was already a member, so that was a little disappointing. It was funny though because he kept saying, "Just because I'm meeting with you, doesn't me I'm going to say I'm Mormon. I just want to learn some about your church." Then we later find out, he IS a Mormon. So that was funny.
Saturday, we had a fun Zone Council. We have a lot of great missionaries in our zone. The meeting was kind of unorganized, but we finally were told that we could start implementing the new Missionary rules and schedule. So that's good. This is my first 10-hour long P-Day!!!
Sunday was a great day. We had 3 investigators come to church and they all seemed like they loved it. I got to know more of the members and enjoy a Spanish Sacrament Meeting again. It's been too long. Later that day, we broke the fast with a wonderful Nicaraguan family, the mother being an investigator.
One thing we've been doing a lot this week is cleaning. If you didn't catch it before. Although not many  think about it, living a physically clean life really helps you feel the Spirit more. Male missionaries are a rare type, because many of them can live in the absolute worst living conditions, but they somehow can still get out, look decent, and go teach people about the Gospel. One thing I've found, though, is that having a clean house, car, body, etc. not only makes you feel a lot better, it invites the Spirit into your life. So you'll be happy to know, Mom, that one thing I definitely have learned on my mission is how to clean, many different things. It is a stellar habit to have, and it will bless anyone's life physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually. So if you’re living in a dump, or you look like one, CLEAN UP!!! Cleanliness is truly next to Godliness. I love you and hope you all have a wonderful week.

No comments:

Post a Comment