Monday, December 12, 2016

WELL...it snowed. Finally, just so you're all wondering. And it came down hard. We probably got a foot in total. LOVE IT!!!

WELL...it snowed.
Finally, just so you're all wondering. And it came down hard. We probably got a foot in total. LOVE IT!!! ALSO, transfer calls were last night and........I'M STAYING IN LEAMINGTON!!! WOOHOO!!!! I'm super happy. BUT! President did call last night, and told me that I'm going to be District Leader again. BBBBBBBBBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! I'll live though. It's fun to be District Leader around Christmas time, I just have to make a lot of Christmas Treats. I'm trying to get President to make my companion District Leader. He'd do a lot better than me. So we'll see how that goes. :)
I'm glad you're all pumped for Christmas. 11 Doo Rags!?!?! (I think that's what they're called) That's awesome, Mom. I'm sure he'll love them. And trying hard in school is good, just remember, "it is not requisite that a man (or a mom) should run faster than he (or she) has strength" -Mosiah 4:27 ;) Good work on the paper.  Good luck with keeping everyone "under ball and chain." ;) So yes, I got the package from you and someone else. Don't know who. Neither were damaged. Funny story though, Abigail saw the unknown package (while in Brampton) and slapped a note on it saying "Merry Christmas Cousin." I was super confused at first and thought it was from her. But someone told me it was a joke. Ha ha. :) We don't have a family to Skype from, yet. So I'll let you all know when we do.
This week has been truly magical though.
On Monday, we went to a town called Windsor, which is RIGHT across from Detroit, Michigan; and I saw the USofA for the first time in one and a half years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I cried. It was quite beautiful.
Wednesday, we taught two super solid investigators. Irma, the Venezuelan. She SO solid. She wants to get baptized and confirmed, we just need to get her to quit smoking. We taught her the Plan of Salvation and she understood it perfectly. It's quite incredible how much of the Plan of Salvation is in the Bible. Mormonism proved. The other lesson was with a 15 year-old girl named Mackenzie, who is also very prepared. Later that day, we ate Pupusas (just to let you know ;). While at the Pupuseria, we ran into two members there (one working and one eating). Funny stuff.
Friday, I drove. A lot. We went to and from a town called Tilbury which is about 30 minutes out. Then we taught some lessons, went to a Mexican Restaurant (average), then I drive to Chatam to pick up two Elders, which is an hour away, then to London, which is another hour away. So yeah. We stayed the night in London because we had a missionary meeting the next morning.
Saturday, the missionary meeting went well. Lots of Christmas spirit. Afterwards, we went to the closest Smoke's to us (in London). 'Twas delicious. I then drove 2 hours back to Leamington. Then I drove 45 minutes to Windsor (got to see the USA at night) which was SWEET!!! and drove back that night to Leamington. SO, basically I've driven more last week than I have in my whole life. We're probably going to drive to London again today. Tack on 4 more hours. Because why not?? I have gone from not liking to driving to being content with it. Maybe even happy with it. We'll see. :)
Sunday was great. That was when it poured buckets of snow on us. After a wonderful church, we went and found another new investigator, then we went and taught Irma!! We taught her the third lesson, The Gospel of Jesus Christ. She's SO good!! Afterwards, she asked if we wanted juice, then she asked if we wanted food. I hadn't had dinner, so I was like YES! She ended up making us rice and beans and platanos and it was SO good!!! She is a Celestial Investigator. And so is her food.SO... last Thursday, we were out knocking some doors that a member told us were some people that just moved in, and we ran into Kendall. She is actually the great niece of an active member and she is a single mother with a new born. She told us that she has been trying to get back into religion and she had gone to church before (with her great-aunt). She is so solid and we're excited to meet with her next week. We've been finding so many people here in Leamington. I have NEVER found this many solid people just opening my mouth in my whole mission. It's AWESOME!! It has just grown my testimony so much that the Lord puts prepared people in your path to teach. We're hoping to see a few baptisms from this this transfer. I hope you all have a stellar week. Enjoy the snow!! I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment