Saturday, August 20, 2016

Yeah!! Free stuff and small cabins!!
That sounds fun. Man! if it was like Nancy's bunkhouse than that thing was REALLY small. Not like the Briggs' Cabin. I'm glad the lake was fun and the hotel was also. Sweet stuff!! Ragtime at the Eccles Theater. Jealous!! Did you guys end up going to Tomato Street also?? So what's your new calling Mom?? Relief Society President!!! Yeah yeah!! Yeah school!! Not for me. BUT I also have a big change coming up in the mission. Because we got transfer calls last night. Ooooohhhh.
SO. I, Elder Ammon Flint, have been called to RETURN to Downtown Toronto!!! Woot woot!! I'm going back to the area I started in!! I'm SUPER PUMPED!!!!!! My new companion will be Elder Staheli. He came out a few months ago (like 6). He's from Utah (the cream of the crop). Elder Delap is also leaving Mississauga. He's going to a town called London (yes in Ontario). So we're "white-washing" out (or they're putting two new Elders into our area). It's gunna be intense!! And I'm SO excited to be going back home to the Christie Ward. I've missed those kids. I hope I stay downtown until after the holidays. It's three trasfers (4 1/2 months), so keep you fingers crossed!! BUT! We of course HAD to have a baptism before they kicked us out of Mississauga. So we did.
Jherouoi Fotine (we found out we've been spelling his name wrong this whole time) was baptized YESTERDAY!!!! It was SO good!! For the baptismal service, I played (the piano) and sang "Glorious" (made famous by David Archuleta) in Spanish. I looked up while I was performing to see Jherouoi crying in his seat. SUCCESS!!! After the baptism, we went to their house and had dinner and said goodbye to them all. I cried. Appropriately. Pictures will follow (not of me crying).
Other than that, this week has been a montage of saying goodbye to lots of people. Sad days. BUT, we ended up going to the Colombia Mia (my favorite Colombian Restaurant). And something really funny happened. So our waitress started speaking with us in Spanish and then she asked us where we were from and I said the United States, and she said yeah, you don't look like Hispanics (this is all in Spanish by the by). I asked her where she was from and she said Cuba. Hmmm...unique. I flashed back to this time I was sitting in the library, emailing my family, and I heard this young woman speaking on the phone in really fast Spanish. At first I wasn't sure if it was Spanish or not. So after I finished emailing, I asked her where she was from and she told me Cuba. Hmmm...unique. Flash forward to the restaurant, and I'm turning to Elder Delap saying "That's the girl that we met in the library a few weeks ago." When the waitress (her name is Lizi) returns I tell her that I met her in the library weeks back. At first she's confused (C'MON! missionaries stick out like sore thumbs, how did you forget??) but then she remembered. It was super fun. We talked with her a little bit more and invited her to the baptism of Jherouoi. She didn't come. BUT! The new Elders coming in will baptize her.
Last Saturday, Elder Delap and I decided to go to this All You Can Eat Korean BBQ Restaurant that we had been eyeing a few weeks back. It was SO GOOD!!! It brought me back to the days when we ate Korean BBQ. TRUNKY!!!! They literally brought out raw meat and we ate it!! AFTER we cooked it on a BBQ/Stove that was IN our table. Gotcha! It was SO cool!! This was all happening while Toronto was getting a HUGE Flash Flood and supposedly a Tornado touched down somewhere also. Crazy stuff. I LOVED the rain though.
This week was an absolutely incredible and I think one thing that has just made it a little better is I've been watching the Bible Videos the church came out with, of Christ. I invite you all to watch those, and watch them again if you already have. They are SO good. My testimony of Jesus Christ has grown immensely. I had the great opportunity to bear that testimony at the baptism yesterday and I would like to bear it to all of you. I know that Jesus Christ is my Savior and Redeemer. He is the Son of God and he is my older brother. "He is the Jehovah of the Olde Testament and the Messiah of the New" (The Living Christ). He is the bread of life and the water of life. He atoned for our sins, pains, sufferings, and afflictions. Through him we can repent, be clean, and start a new life. He lived a perfect life and he loves us perfectly because he has a perfect body. He was the first to rise from the dead with a resurrected body. He established his church on the earth and that church has been restored through modern day prophets. I know this to be true. This is the true church, The Church of JESUS CHRIST of Latter-Day States. I know it to be true. I love you all and hope that you all have a good week. Chao!!

No comments:

Post a Comment