Tuesday, March 29, 2016

WHAT IN THE WORLD?!?!
My family is falling apart...I knew I shouldn't have left. ;) Logan tells me you are all going inactive, you didn't go to the Temple Dedication?? WHY NOT?? Or to church on Easter?? Or celebrate Easter with the whole family?? Who are you anymore?? Grandma's House is ruining you. Beware of the Great and Spacious Building (aka Grandma's House). ;) I'm just glad Charlie's Deep Doctrine, Doctrine and Covenants Class is keeping you all in line. As a missionary, all you study is deep doctrine. It's wonderful. But Micah got in a FIGHT?? I hope his suspension means staying in his room praying and studying the Book of Mormon/Bible and learning about Charity. Study about Jesus, Micah. He never fought people. He just made a whip and kicked them all out of the temple. True story. I hope Skyler's backpacking trip wasn't as bad as ours when we climbed up that mountain. Ugly stuff. LOGAN!!! NO!!! Don't go to Grandma's for your 16th birthday. GO ON A DATE!!!! Take a date to Conference!! BRILLIANT!! Just be like, "Hey, you want to go receive some revelation with me??" And then during the marriage talk, slowly put your arm around her. If she kisses you at the end, then she's really a keeper. Best First Date Ever! DO IT!! Oh, and HAPPY BIRTHHHHHHDDAAAYYYY!!!!
For Easter here, we ACTUALLY went to church. We had basically ALL our investigators come so it was SUPER good. We planned the decorations for the wedding THIS FRIDAY!!! Everything is coming together SO well. Jose Manuel passed his Baptismal Interview (of course) and we're helping them move into a new apartment today. Then Bachelor Party tomorrow. Decorating Thursday. Marriage Friday. Then GENERAL CONFERENCE WEEKEND!!!! I'm SO PUMPED!! Also, supposedly in Canada, they celebrate Easter Monday. So that's why my P-Day is today. Other than that, what happened this week?? I saw Abigail last Monday. Haha.Remember when I said "don't count on me Not hugging her..." hope ya didn't count on it. ;) Ate lots of Latino Food (Papusas, Colombianas, Tacos, Empanadas, Panela). We got freezing rain here in Toronto last Tuesday. It was CRAZY!! I have never witnessed freezing rain before. Intense stuff. I bought an Ecuadorian Flute called a Caina, Kaina, Cayna?? I don't know how to spell it, but it was sweet but started to break really quickly, so I went back to the store and exchanged it for a Colombian Jersey (because the Zone Leaders lost my other one. But I will find it) Other than that. Teaching people, baptizing people, marrying people (but they're getting married, not me) and serving the Lord. It's been a great week, and it's only going to get better.
So there supposedly are some families in Canada and Utah (cough cough) that need a little more church in their life. And I can assure you that this General Conference, keeping the Sabbath Day Holy will be brought up. It's been a huge focus throughout the church in Ontario and it's a focus that I think everyone could do a little better on. I've really gained a testimony on my mission of the importance of not only Church Attendance, but focusing on the Lord throughout the Sabbath Day. Many people think, "Oh, I can't go to the store on Sunday or watch my favorite movies or play sports," but we're missing the point. It's a day set apart for us to constantly be edified by the Spirit because we're focusing on the important things in life. The Celestial Things. I've made it a goal, on and after my mission. To treat everyday like the Sabbath Day. To always be focusing my thoughts on the Lord and doing things that edify my spirit. My new catch phrase is "Live the Celestial Life," because when we focus on the Celestial Things we have true happiness in life and in the life to come. I love you all and hope that you receive much revelation and take advantage of the Spirit you can feel during these meetings. Bye!!!


Elder Flint
Canada Toronto Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment